Sunday, January 4, 2015

Try, Try Again

I've jumped back into blogging.  My heart wanted it.  It's my partner, my coach, my diary.  It was time.  I've been stitching more and more over the past few months.  It makes me happy.  (I just wish it had aerobic benefits!)  I've kept up with favorite blogs, who constantly inspire and amaze me.  Instagram and Facebook may be a better match for some, but I prefer blogs.

I'm stitching this little guy today.  He's mister July :-)

I love snowmen.  And stars.


Knitting had been whispering to me for quite a while.  I finally gave in.  I discovered the wonderful Ravelry.  I learned to knit when I was little.  You Tube helped me remember.  I learned to knit the right-hand method... or English, or throwing.  But I'm working on the Continental method, practicing until I'm confident that my stitches are consistent.  Good brain exercise.  It's starting to make sense and come more easily.  Baby steps.   



See?  Snowmen.  Stars.  

Good thing to do on a bitter cold day.  (Yeah, that zero was the high today.)

I'm linking to Kathy's Slow Stitching Sunday.  (What a wonderful idea!)  I should be able to sneak in a few more stitches before bed.  

I've written an ambitious list to accomplish in 2015.  Yay.  



5 comments:

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

Your snowman is adorable! I am a big fan of redwork. I am visiting from Slow Sunday Stitching.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Doesn't get better than snowmen and knitting. I agree Ravelry is a great place for knitters. I only knit mittens and socks and dish cloths but love it when I do.

Quilter Kathy said...

ENjoy your knitting and your redwork stitching... sounds like a perfect day! Thanks for linking up!

Kaja said...

I can only knit in straight lines, but still enjoy it. I love your snowman!

Vivian said...

Glad to see I'm not the only one doing redwork. And thanks for reminding me (with your knitting) that when I finish up the redwork (fingers crossed) I can also add the crochet projects I've got laying around to the mix. Have fun stitching and knitting!