Monday, August 5, 2013

Starting


Wow, it's been a long time!  I've decided to re-start my blog.  Why?  That's a good question, and I've thought about it for awhile.  
  • It pushes me.  It keeps me motivated and there's an accountability, even if it's just to myself.  When I post, I want to show what I'm doing.... and that keeps me doing!  It creates mini goals.  I can get distracted or too involved in work to remember to take time to do what I love, and create. 
  • To record what I've done.  I enjoy being able to look back - an online album, if you will.
  • To connect.  How lucky we are to live when we can connect with others all over the world that share common interests and understand the passion we feel about needlecraft!      
  • To show.  It's neat to be able to show what I've done, especially to others that appreciate the work.  I have lovely friends who admire it, but really don't "get it".  
  • To share.  I am inspired and learn from the blogs I read.  How special if I am able to do the same for someone else.   

I've got a few things that I'm working on.  The picture at the top is just one.  The pattern that has snowmen.  I have a sweet spot for snowmen.   : ) 

But I am most excited about my latest start.  It's a beautiful, intricate appliqué quilt named Love Entwined, Esther Aliu's free BOM.  It has me captivated.  Not only do I have the gift of this amazing pattern, but by signing up, I have joined an amazing group who range from beginners to experienced and share their talents and tips generously.  There are even some who have written books that I own (!).  

I've copied the compass center onto freezer paper.  (My numbering is different than the pattern, and is what worked for me.)  

I've done more, but will save that for next time.  



I'll leave you with a shot of color.  



May your hands stay busy, and happy!  







1 comment:

Marijke said...

Hi, for the first time on your blog, I know you have your compass finished, please let me see yours on your blog!
groetjes van Marijke (Netherlands)